1. PRAY for revival in Denmark. It appears that there are many among the Danish people who are longing and seeking for something real in their lives. "They are spiritually open for almost everything, and they are spiritually seekers." Many are looking every which way to find something that will fill the spiritual vacuum in their hearts. PRAY that the Spirit of God will direct these many seekers to the truth of the Word of God, to the scriptural plan of salvation based on the substitutionary death of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the need to identify with churches that preach the gospel in the power of the Holy Spirit.
2. PRAY that with the showing of the film, The Passion of the Christ, that has its debut in Danish movie theaters on Friday, April 2, many Danes will be confronted personally with the question, "What will you do with Jesus, who is called the Christ?" PRAY that they will seek further information from pastors and members of the various Danish evangelical churches and ministries. PRAY that churches and pastors will also be prepared to meet those who may come to them after having seen this wonderful film of the last twelve agonizing hours in the life of Jesus Christ.
3. PRAISE GOD for the various prayer initiatives being raised up throughout Denmark, for example the vision of Bedehus, for the evangelization of Denmark. PRAY for the National Day of Prayer in Denmark, also scheduled for Friday, April 2.
4. PRAY for Pastor John Lorenzen and Vestermarkskirken (in Grinsted, Ribe, Denmark). This growing church, affiliated with the Missionsforbundet i Danmark (Mission Covenant Church in Denmark), has its current church building up for sale in anticipation of building a new and larger facility that will more adequately house the church's many ministries to Danes and ten different ethnic groups in the area. PRAY especially that the Lord will bring a buyer for the sale of the current building. In spite of all the congregation's efforts, nothing has yet developed toward an actual sale. Work has started on the new location with two of the three phases completed. The sale of the current building is the critical factor if the third phase and completion of the project is to be realized. Pastor Lorenzen wishes believers all over to join Vestermarkskirken in praising and thanking God for all the blessings He showered upon this church.
5. PRAY for Danish evangelical pastors and leaders. Pastor Lorenzen has written that "there is a greater love among the different churches and the leaders [in Denmark]. We are cooperating and we pray together. I am part of a leadership where different church leaders and pastors have the vision of 24 hour prayer, every day the whole year (24/7/365). . . We know that God has an awesome plan and purpose for our life, our land, and his church in this land. Our vision is to be a part of his big plan and to see it fulfilled" . . . The last five years we have seen that many of the seekers are beginning to go to church. Before it was not accepted to go to church and to declare that Jesus is the Lord. That situation has definitely changed. Today many people say that they are seeking God and Jesus. We believe that God is doing something great in Denmark these days."
6. PRAY that believers of the various evangelical churches throughout Denmark may move ahead in unity by avoiding competitiveness in their ministries and outreach. PRAY that the Danish people watching the efforts of churches and pastors will be able to say, "Behold how they love one another" and be attracted to this kind of fellowship. PRAY that the work of evangelicals throughout Denmark will be kept from doctrinal error and excesses as well as from disruptive efforts of cults and non-believers.
7. PRAY for the Danish State Church (Lutheran) to be revived in faith and practice. The Danish Indre Mission (Inner Mission) is an evangelistic and revival movement within the State Church that has existed for many years. PRAY for a renewal of commitment, hope and enthusiasm among Inner Mission leaders and its mission of promoting biblical evangelism within the State Church.
8. PRAISE GOD for the 75 years of work in the Republic of Burundi, Africa by missionaries of the Dansk Baptistkirker (Danish Baptist Churches). PRAY for the work begun by these missionaries and carried on by many faithful African pastors and Christian workers in spite of political upheavals and turmoil. PRAY for the progress of the Gospel of Christ in Burundi.
PRAYER REQUESTS WILL BE UPDATED AND NEW REQUESTS ADDED AS INFORMATION IS PROVIDED BY DANISH EVANGELICAL PASTORS AND CHURCHES.